View Single Post
Old 06.22.2009, 02:53 PM   #31
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
a recent nardwuar email included this postscript to the 1991 interview:

The record that got broken was "Charlie Browning" by The Young Men from Seattle Washington, released in 1963 on the Bolo Record Label. (Bolo 742) I had brought it to the interview because I had heard (incorrecty) that Sonic Youth had recorded a version of The Coasters hit "Charlie Brown" and I hypothesized that perhaps that they would be interested in seeing a Northwest take on "Charlie Brown". When I say "Northwest take" I mean that The Young Men took "Charlie Brown" and changed the words slightly to "Charlie Browning" in honour of a local football player. I personally love when songs get "regionalized" and that damn 45 was dear to my heart! Luckily I was able to find another copy a few years later in a Bellingham ,Washington Value Village. Furthermore to my amazement,, I was told, that while opening for REM at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver in 1995, Sonic Youth dedicated a song to me: "Schizophrenia" !
hiland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|