View Single Post
Old 06.27.2015, 03:40 AM   #46952
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
of course, it's a live album, and it's fantastic even without bruford, but some parts of it sound pretty bad, seriously. the stravinsky thing is shrill, the alan white drums sound real muddy in some tracks, etc.

---

thanks for all those links, it's a lot to process and i'll check them out. about union, etc:-- i've always been fearful of post-70s yes because, i don't know, it wasn't yes anymore etc. and i have this notion that with their era over and them wanting to keep with the times the result was poor and just no. but i'll check out union & see what my ears tell me.

also the otehr links-- i'm internet restricted early in the morning so i have to wait for the fast verion to be available. thanks for all that.

the bruford tracks are "perpetual change" and... well, look them up. but if you're starting just approach from these albums first: the yes album, fragile, close to the edge. those 3 are their best period and a good point of reference to judge the rest.
Year ago I listened all Yes albums (all studio and also most of the live albums). I think they all sound just Yes. I have always liked 90125 and Big Generator, even they are most AOR-albums of Yes there are also interesting Yes-elements in them. I think they are lot better than for example Genesis albums at the same time. Of course those three you mentioned are the best Yes-albums. I think Yes become that "spaceship" itīs known in Close to the Edge, I think three previous albums are for that reason the most interesting ones. Relayer has always been also one of my favourites, learned to like also topographic. Awaken is one of their greatest songs.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|