View Single Post
Old 03.02.2013, 06:51 PM   #142
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
I've found that while I don't actively listen for his lyrics, when I do pick some up by chance (as on Unmade Bed, beautiful song) I appreciate them, which is coming from someone who really can't be fucked listening to words. I've found that his lyrics from Washing Machine to Sonic Nurse are exponentially better than anywhere else in the SY discography, and the words on Demolished Thoughts are certainly more beautifully poetic and heartfelt than anything else he's done. having said that, I'm really not expecting shit from CLM. I'd assumed that it was just his bullshit wannabe beat poet crap.

what is the consensus on this? I'm afraid to listen as it really reeks of a midlife-crisis kind of record. it just seems ridiculous to have a 50+ year old man making hardcore punk songs. the vibe I got from the singles was a beefed-up Psychic Hearts, which is my least favourite solo album of his.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|