Thread: Grunge!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01.30.2008, 10:46 AM   #61
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i got ya, mate. sorry if ive came off as an asshole. i can certainlyt be a smartass sometimes its in my nature.

i do think its odd however hoe most "underground" folks these days more or less consider all the same bands great.

ya got indie/punker/whatever bastards saying "dinosaur, sonic youth, erase errata, MBV, nirvana, stooges, magick markers, afrirampo (who oddly enough i havent heard anything about in a while)", and basically anything else with thurstons seal of approval..

then of course ya got the doom kids saying "earth, sunn, boris, khanate, acid mothers temple, etc etc". i pretty much stop with earth when it comes to that shit. i did like sunn o)))'s black one but have despised everything else ive heard from em (wasted money on that album they did with boris, hated it). just that slowed down droney shit that musically goes little beyong a slllllooooooooooow sabbath.

yeah, that's something i have been talking about lately, it's become that a lot of people pay attention to certain bands just because certain people are behind them, namedropping them in every interview and yet many more who are/were great have fallen by the sidelines because of this.

i might not agree in taste (i do like the doom shit) but i definitely understand the sentiment (and that earth are unquestionably the fathers of that particular sound.)

have you heard the earth album?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|