View Single Post
Old 01.22.2010, 06:04 PM   #9390
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I read an article that discussed how the disappearance of the "slush pile" at publishing houses, and at movie studio script rooms has completely eradicated the writers that have no representation.
Used to be studios and publishing houses had a small staff whose job was to read unsolicited manuscripts or to read unsiolicited scripts and determine if the content warranted more investigation.
Nowadays (the say due to too much litigation on the part opf writers whose work is suppsoedly stolen by unscrupulous studios and publishing houses) the heads of these businesses will not read a manuscript or a screenplay/teleplay unless they hav a personal relationship wityh the agent of the person who wrote it.