View Single Post
Old 05.10.2017, 12:48 PM   #48712
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

I risk mentioning this one and the inevitable Sev wants to punch Billy Pumpkin in the face thing. Haha. Not to mention that even most SP fans seem to dismiss this album. But I've always liked Zeitgeist. Granted it was a reunion in name only, there was a weird thing that happened the day it was released. I went and picked it up on my lunch break. On my way home I stopped for gas and another guy - about my age - was blasting this album in his car. I made a comment "oh nice" or something and he gushed about how he'd been waiting for a new SP album for years. There was something special about an album in 2007 making people actually GO TO THE STORE to buy a physical release on release day. Y'know? Anyway, this is rambling. I do like this album. At least more than most people do anyway. I've probably heard it 3 or 4 times this past week.

Not the album tho - the bonus disk from the deluxe edition. Their early b-sides were so awesome. I remember in high school making a mixtape (cassette) of all the b-sides me and my friends could find to keep us satiated after Pinkerton. "Jamie" is easily one of the best things they recorded in those early days. Love that song. Great stuff here.

you guys probably hate when I even post in this thread huh? Vitalogy was def the "weird album" at the time. It's def nothing like Ten or Vs anyway. I actually think I like it a lot more now than I did back when it came out.

We had some nice weather over the weekend (after some very bad weather). Soft Bulletin is such a great Spring album. I'm at a loss at what else to say. It's so classic. I don't know if I need to really say anything.