View Single Post
Old 11.24.2010, 10:04 PM   #204
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
you compare God to gravity and you don't expect flack??? Come on man...
jump off a bridge and you can prove gravity pretty damn easily (not suggesting it). the same cannot be said of "God" no matter how you define it. you are grasping at the weakest straws I have ever seen in my life to prove your irrational addiction.

If you understand that even you might not be real there is no logical reason to live like a higher power is real. Try living honestly instead.

And patch things up with your folks for fucks sake! It doesn't matter if the man is a cocksucker. Escaping that reality through church is not going to help you in the long run.
a) so you're going to try to make it even more personal? Lord have His mercy my friend, but you should read yourself sometimes, it is laughable at how mean-spirited you can be when otherwise you are not such an asshole in other threads and under other circumstances. I only continue to reason and discuss this with you cuz otherwise I like you, and yet you insist on fucking insulting me personally time and time again, whether my intelligence or my family or whatever, it is ridiculously off-topic. Who is the real one grasping at straws here, can't you stay on the issue without having to attack my character or insult my personality? Back to the discussion:

gravity is a bit more essential than simply falling of a bridge, technically that doesn't even prove gravity at all, more likely kinetic energy and laws of motion. Gravity acts more on an atomic and subatomic level. But you missed my point entirely. Gravity is not something you can inherently prove, it is sort of a given of experience. How is it that you prove Gravity my friend? With what? Do explain? and even if you go into all kinds of quantam mechanics, where is the actual proof? Existentially, you don't even know if any moment from the next is indeed real or a dream or a hallucination, and further any thing happening could just be an elaborate construction of that vision. Are you really that sure that any of this is real? And How is it that you prove this to anyone? Really, honestly, without fucking around on your high-horse, don't respond, just stop, marinate and think about it.

You do not necessarily describe how you defy gravity in learning to play a game like basketball, you do not explain it as such when teaching a kid how to shoot, and it rarely comes to mind. This is my allegory, if God(s) exists and God(s) is the source and origin of all existing things, then surely this God(s) operates as fundamentally in our Multiverse as do the fundamental cosmological forces, which in the theism of the Hellenists, these forces precisely were God(s), whereas in the Christian conception such "forces" and "powers" and "natures" emanate from the Divine, are sort of reflections, shadows, or smoke which reveals the substance of the Divine activity/economy, showing the form of what is essentially formless as the wind which the smoke drifts upon. Good God(s) man, are you still here arguing?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|