View Single Post
Old 06.09.2009, 08:07 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
Observe:

Thurston says "The Dead are all right with me."

Later he says "Turn the light on your lonely love"

The Grateful Dead have a song called "Turn On Your Lovelight" so I think it's fair to assume that Sonic Youth's entire career is based upon covering that song in various mysterious ways.

Listen to "The Sprawl" only a stoner could do that. Listen to "Androgynous Mind", the spirit of Pigpen lives on.

agreed. I used to have a remarkable picture of Thurston jamming out sick with a deadskull shirt on.. but I lost in when that computer crashed years ago. Good ol' San Francisco and the Good Ol' Grateful Dead.

i think the sonic nurse tour was an especially potent sonic youth manifestation of the power of the live Grateful Dead. In fact, during that tour I was thinking of making a sign that said, "2850 Days Since the Last Diamond Sea" but I smoke a lot of pot, and half-baked ideas like that rarely see an incarnation.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|