View Single Post
Old 04.14.2007, 07:49 PM   #68
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
steve explains in the goo deluxe liners that they didn't do demos for 'daydream', just those june '88 shows. i'm guessing a lot of the songs on the reissue will be from those early gigs, cuz they're pretty fucked up---different lyrics, different melodies, thurston singing 'cross the breeze' etc... then again, the 11/5/88 'cross the breeze' was included on one of the last mix tapes, so maybe that's a contender?

the eric's trip demo sounds cool, i'm glad to have 4 of the better covers of this era included, and i'll have to hear the live stuff! i'm surprised not to see 'su nioj' or the forced exposure 7" explicitly included, but i'm sure everyone's thrilled not to have 'providence (mono)' occupy a spot. i don't think the radio stuff would've been appropriate for this release.

looking forward to all of this daydream shit this year!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|