View Single Post
Old 11.28.2016, 12:06 PM   #236
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
I just saw Thee Oh Sees in Toronto. Stellar show, I wish it was longer. I don't understand music theory but I have a concept of it.

The guy's lyrics were completely incoherent, his voice was nothing more than an instrument, which was a psychological relief! Every once in a while the guy screamed and the crowd went wild.

It was a 3 piece band though my brother says he usually has 2 drummers. The tone of the guy's guitar was so psychedelic, the sound he made opened my mind.

They played no encores, my brother said they don't really care about trying to overplease. The last song was really trippy and about 10 minutes so they still left a good impression.

One cool personal thing was I invited some friends to the show and then they couldn't make it. Then another old friend I didn't know would be there picked me out in the dark and told me Oh Sees was his favourite band. It was great to see him there. He tried to get a concert poster but they wouldn't let him back in after the show. The poster was stellar though, it was like a moose with the Milky Way airbrushed in it, no text.

I am glad my oldest brother got me into Thee Oh Sees and would definitely see them again. They left me wanting more. Best modern band out of California.

Glad you enjoyed it. I saw them for the first time at the last ATP I was at. I was coming down from acid, totally worn out from it (those 8 hour trips are tiring as fuck) and wasn't all that up for them. However, they blew me away. Great live band.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|