View Single Post
Old 06.21.2017, 08:57 AM   #1282
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Parker Lewis Cant Lose was indeed innovative and funny. It took the whole Ferris Bueller thing to new hieghts of absurdity. I love absurd comedies.

Night Court, for the middle 4-5 years of it's run, was so fucking funny and surreal.

Sledgehammer, a parody of the dirty harry/tough cop trope from 70's hollywood, was one of our faves. so funny, so ridiculously violent.

The true golden age of USA TV began with Sopranos (for storytelling and quality of presentation) and Star Trek DS9, season 4,5,6. DS9chose to become serialized, continuous storytelling instead of endless one-shot stories were the cast was essentially given a blank slate after every episode. on DS9 all the characters changed/grew and events that ocurred had to be dealt with in all the subsequent episodes. This ruined the series for sindication, since in sindication the goal is to sell packets of 20 episodes to various station which would re-0air the same ones over and over and over again, until they bought a new packet of twenty episodes.
This is why I love DS9 more than TNG. Those two shows I think helped the TV producers understand that their audience was far more sophisticated than they were given credit for, and that the old "rules" of TV had become antiquated.