View Single Post
Old 03.27.2017, 09:47 AM   #1109
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I'll probably check out Knights next time. Need something to hold me over until new berserk.

It's really quite good. It's well thought out and beautifully animated. The style is at once retro (a la Akira) and extremely clean and new. I'm not sure what the style is called exactly, but it's impressive how they pay homage and do their own thing simultaneously.

The story line is awesome. It's both traditional -- in a kind of "hero's journey" sense -- and novel, daring, and just plain weird enough to make for a really engrossing watch.

It's got the Netflix brand on it, but it's one of those shows that started off in Japan and was brought to U.S. audiences later, so it's not truly a Netflix "original," but compared to the other anime they've offered up (Seven Deadly Sins, Cyborg 009) it's fucking REALLY high quality. I haven't seen the other Netflix anime imports like Kuromukuro or Adventures of Sinbad or AJIN, so I can't comment on those, but so far it's just exponentially better than anything else they're out their brand on.

Season 2 came out in, like, fall or late Summer of 2015, so I have no idea why a third season hasn't made its way here yet, but there are very few anime shows that my girlfriend and I will drop what we're doing to watch as soon as they become available, and it's one of them. So check that shit out man. Let me know what you think.

I call it a mech/mecha anime, but it's really more of a horror premise. It definitely aims to terrify.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|