View Single Post
Old 03.08.2010, 12:58 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Personally I think of them being as cool as the rolling stones. They should retire.

i like the rolling stones 60s/70s output and without them we'd have no -- well, they have so many heirs, good and bad.

but cool or not, who cares? juno made sonic youth uncool for kids who were 17 at the time it was released, so here comes the big wave of gratuitous putdowns, i suppose-- one generation kills the previous one etc.

me, i have nobody to kill, at my advanced age, except annoying little children, which i roast, carve and devour, provided they are plump and well fed (breast only, no bottles).

but anyway, what was this thread about? cool?

let me think

as cool as coltrane.

no, truly, it's the music that matters--- i haven't enjoyed their stuff lately, i think thurston has taken over and he needs to step back & set lee free. and kim sing. and steve should pull a ringo and write yellow submarine.

i haven't been to a show in ages but i heard they've been playing DV69 which i've wanted so badly to see live, with the ghost of gloria gaynor, i mean, pardon me, there was noise outside, lydia lunch (those alliterations confuse me, and teh y's), yes, the ghost of lydia lunch summoned onstage for the screams.

as for your original question, i have no idea. what is "cool"?

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|