View Single Post
Old 05.10.2010, 01:57 PM   #22
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm excited, too! It'll be the most fun album of the year. Because it's always hilarious to see two boring musicians who haven't done anything particularly noteworthy in about 15 years, about to make some boring, bland, predictable poo in the hopes that they'll both be able to afford a nice new mansion by appealing to people who want more of the same. REJOICE!

Pitchfork rating: 8.3 (their record companies bought tons of ad space for the month)

Also..
MTV.com?

Brainwashed.com.

Blastitude.com.

Also, this is somewhat unrelated, but I often wonder this.. we live in the most exciting time for music ever. We live in the most exciting time for HEARING music, with soulseek and torrents which have been around forever -- but also for blogs with tons of great posts, shoving out brilliant, obscure music with great descriptions and such. Every band EVER is a click, and a 5 minute download away. Yet people still cling to the same heroes of yesteryear. It's really a mystery to me. Not directing this at ANYONE in this thread, by the way. People like what they like -- whatever. It's just kinda odd to me, how few people really ever search out music.

I can see where you are coming from, but you recently started a thread about getting excited for the new Limp Bizkit album. Does that mean you don't search out new music, and instead are relying on old favorites? No; You are simply excited about a band you enjoy releasing a new album, simply because you enjoy their music.

Isn't that what this thread is? People getting excited about a new Malkmus record because they like his songwriting? It doesn't mean they don't search out new music; They just find him to be a reliable songwriter and are showing interest in his work; Doesn't mean they aren't discovering some new band in Europe who has 34 guitarists and a drum machine, you know?

I'm always looking for good bands, regardless if they're brand new or some obscure 80s band who released one album on a extremely small label and maybe 15 people heard it at the time. But while searching for these bands, I'm going to ALSO want to listen to an artist, say Stephen Malkmus (Who has been around for over 20 years) who I can enjoy, for the primary reasons a) I enjoy his music thoroughly, b) he's a reliable listen and c)new material from him grabs my interest. It's all music; Some like to listen to new bands all the time, others cling to the same bands they did when they were in middle school. In the end though, we listen to it for the enjoyment we get out of that band/artist. Different strokes for different folks.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|