View Single Post
Old 02.16.2017, 10:50 AM   #159
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

A few thoughts:

1. Future and Migos make a fine double-bill without adding stupid ass Tory Lanez. Even Kodak Black, who I like, will make the show painfully long and monotonous (THREE mumblers and a Drake clone with less personality than Drake????) I don't understand the need for such a massive bill. If I went, I'd go for Kodak, leave or take a nap for Tory, and come back in time to see one or two Migos tracks before watching 1/2 of Future's set TOPS. But I don't have to worry about it because I'm not going anywhere near this.

2. Why the fuck are Young Thug and A$AP Ferg mini-fonted like that? Thug is arguably the biggest name in the entire bill! Terrible promotional work, that. Advertisements should be printed up for each of the different potential shows. If I was working PR for this shit, I would make posters for the boring Future/Migos/Kodak/Tory shows, and call that the "Nobody's Safe" tour (SPOILER: everyone is safe, unless falling asleep and wasting money constitute "danger")...
THEN I'd make a separate poster for the shows with Thugger and Ferg. Like, HOLY SHIT, FUTURE+THUGGER ARE COMING UP YOUR ASS!! (Special guest: A$AP Ferg). Because that's a legitimately big-top show right there.
If those shows with the (SNAKE EMOJI) and the (PRAYING HANDS EMOJI) are going to feature Future, Migos, Tory, Kodak, Thug AND Ferg, that's straight up terrifying. I can't imagine sitting through that much tepid crap in one evening. And I don't like Thug, but I actually think he'd put on a good show, and I think his star is even more on the rise than it has been in recent years, so WHY is he subjecting himself to this shit? He should be touring with the Flaming Lips or something.

Actually... Flaming Lips + Young Thug would be a pretty fucking interesting combo. I'd see that. Not a bad idea, Severian!

3. THIS POSTER WAS MADE USING THE "PAGES" APP FOR MAC OS/iOS.
Yep. It was. Not even a premium or professional version. This thing was made on someone's MacBook or iPhone or iPad. Probably took about 10 minutes.

Just thought I'd point that out. I could make this exact poster for without putting my phone down.

As someone who works in print media, this is pretty motherfucking sad. Remember when your posters were mini woks of art? Hand drawn or prepared by professional artists using complicated digital art programs? Or, perhaps better yet, when they were photocopied collages assembled by members of a band using exacto-knives, glue, whatever room was available in the van, and maybe a 24-hour Kinko's?

Fuck this poster with its goddamn emojis.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|