View Single Post
Old 08.06.2020, 03:23 PM   #9050
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
May 15, 2020 (page 434)

Desperation = a state of despair, typically one which results in rash or extreme behavior

Federal Judge Hires High-Powered D.C. Attorney To Defend His Actions In The Flynn Case

Why would a Federal Judge need to defend his actions in a case?
(let this sink in)

Is Judge Sullivan ignorant regarding his authority?

Is Judge Sullivan just playing politics??

To recap, Judge Sullivan appointed a retired Judge John Gleason to prosecute General Flynn because the Department Of Justice wanted to drop the charges. The DOJ was admitting there was no legitimate reason for their initial investigation.

It appears to me that Judge Sullivan got caught up trying to use his Civil Authority in a criminal case......but it can’t be this simple, can it?

So the Writ Of Mandamus is granted by the circuit court (appeals court) and it requires Judge Sullivan to explain his decision of appointing outside council. Also, Judge Sullivan must explain why as Judge of the case, he instructed the retired Judge John Gleason on how he should carry out his actions.

Now that Judge Sullivan has painted himself into a Judicial corner, and the circuit court is seeking answers......Judge Sullivan lawyers up???

A Federal Judge ”shouldn’t” need representation to respond to a Writ Of Mandamus......should he?

I’m guessing the conflicts are numerous! Also, obvious reasons why Judge Sullivan should have recused himself and didn't, therefore overstepping his authority in his handling of this case.

Mr. Schunk, PLEASE help shed some light on this......by hiring an attorney, is Judge Sullivan now saying he is a party to the case?

Can a Judge be a party to the case and still preside over the case?

Granted, Judge Sullivan did bring in retired Judge John Gleason, but by doing so, did Judge Sullivan relinquish his authority over the case?

Lastly, and this is hard to imagine and I (doubt?) it’s legal......but Judge Sullivan can’t seek outside council regarding how he should rule??????

Back on May 26, 2020 I asked if Judge Sullivan was claiming to be a party to the case? I specifically asked if a Judge can be a party to the case while presiding over it?

On May 28, 2020, Mr. Schunk responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
He's not saying he's a party to the case, as he certainly cannot become a party to a case over which he is presiding as judge. He might simply be expecting to be investigated (by the Senate Judiciary Committee, perhaps), or some other action besides the Michael Flynn case, such as a complaint to the District Bar. And he certainly did not relinquish control over the case by bringing Judge Gleason into the picture, as Sullivan would only relinquish his authority by recusing himself. As to his bringing in outside legal counsel regarding how he should rule, that's something I've never heard of, and I'm not sure of its legality.

“The presiding judge in the case of former national-security adviser Michael Flynn refused to dismiss the case on Thursday, even after a federal appeals court ordered the judge to do so.

U.S. District Court judge Emmet Sullivan issued a petition for an “en banc” hearing of the case before the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. If accepted, the case would be reargued for all the judges on the appeals court.”

Appeals court tells parties in Flynn case to be ready for questions on judicial impartiality (August 5, 2020)

“The order, which indicated that one court may be planning to question the impartiality of a judge on another court, is the latest twist in the years-long legal saga.“

“Then Wednesday, ahead of the Aug. 11 rehearing before 10 of the 11 judges on the circuit, the court issued the order asking that for parties in the case to be prepared for oral arguments related to two federal laws that outline the circumstances of when a federal judge should recuse themselves from a legal proceeding.”

Mr. Schunk, I’m confused : )

By the court issuing the order asking the “parties in the case” to be prepared for oral arguments......is the Court now recognizing Judge Sullivan as a party to the case? And if so, regarding your assessment on May 28, 2020, has Jusge Sullivan relinquished his authority?
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|