View Single Post
Old 06.04.2013, 01:26 PM   #93
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Michael Strahan (now co-host of Regis and Kelly Lee) holds the "sack record" in the NFL at 22.5 sacks in a season.
(a sack is when a defender tackles the QB before he can throw or hand off the ball. It is very hard since the offense linemen are 300-400 lbs and looking to protect the QB)
Michael Strahan was "given" the last sack that put him over the top for the record by Brett Favre, who basically laid down giving Strahan a freebie.

Watch here. http://youtu.be/_C2W62HNNsc

The "sack" was not kept as an official statistic until 1981 I think. That means that no one really knows who the sack leader all time was, but Deacon Jones says there exists NFL Films footage (they filmed every game in the NFL since around Super Bowl 2) which shows all the sacks he got, and that he should be the record holder, not Strahan.