View Single Post
Old 09.26.2018, 06:51 PM   #637
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
He.. sucks? Whoa. You don't think his verse on "Touch the Sky" was incredible?

Man, Lupe fans are all about trying to decipher his lyrics and concepts. He was the past decade's Kendrick, albeit not as acclaimed or successful.. his first two albums are considered classics and Kendrick was probably influenced by him to an extent.

Food & Liquor 2 was pretty shit musically, almost like an audiobook. He finally stepped up his production on Tetsuo but his lyrics were still super dense and stuff. Drogas Wave is his most balanced effort in my opinion. Still has strange concepts that'll take months to fully digest but the music itself is just really fucking good.

And yes Nas and Kendrick are comparable in terms of being skilled, "conscious" rappers and lyricists. They both aim for that "best rapper" spot, while someone like Kanye is more about creating amazing, enjoyable music.

He was not the last decade’s Kendrick.

When I say technical rapping I’m taking about what Eminem and Kendrick do well — which involves not only the ability to drop bars, but to you with language and rhyme schemes and experiment with meter, all with clever lines and expertly executed raps.

I don’t think Lupe does this. Maybe I’m wrong?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|