View Single Post
Old 05.04.2015, 05:15 PM   #46536
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Is LA Woman generally regarded as a bad Doors album, or do I just not like the Doors? Both?

Also tried the Who again this weekend. Sat down with a compilation called Then and Now. Still don't like them and I can't figure out why not. Great rhythm section, cool guitars, soulful enough vocalist. Tunes are alright. I'm not sure why the bore the living shit out of me, but they do. Also the early records have awful production, even polished remastered versions.

They don't suck but I don't like them and listening to this fucking thing made me run quick to some Kinks, who had better songs and were more British.

The Who Sell Out is the only album I like.
Otherwise, they're only slightly better than Zeppelin.

For me it's all about The Kinks, late '60s Rolling Stones, and the Beatles. The Who were nowhere near as edgy as the Stones, and nowhere near as smart and creative as the Kinks and Beatles. I've never really understood the appeal, though Keith Moon was tremendous talent.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|