View Single Post
Old 04.01.2006, 09:51 PM   #10
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
I didn't even know I was being "terrorized"...

most people don't. do you ever go to protests or get involved with public acts of dissent just at the edge of legality? i'd suspect not or you'd have more personal experience with government repression.

unrelated to that, last weekend, my girlfriend and i were leaving a movie theater and 2 cops had two children detained. one was around 10. the other was about 13. one was hispanic and the other black. these cops were aggressively and illegally questioning them to the point at which the kids were in tears. in the middle of a huge crowd of people, i stopped and screamed at the cops. "what the fuck do you think you assholes are doing!?! you can't question those kids without their parents present. and you kids. what the fuck? don't tell those goddamn cops anything. you don't have to say shit without yr parents or a lawyer--EVER. that badge doesn't mean shit. fucking cops. you should be ashamed. you know damn well better than that." the white cop with the shaved head (same one we saw tackling a small black woman who had been shoplifting but not resisting arrest about a month earlier) turned red--completely red--his whole head. the black female cop shrugged like a "vegan" caught hiding under the bed with a big mac.

after i made a scene, others expressed their disdain for the NYPD.

oh, then there's the time the secret service tried to have an art project i had mounted removed. that was interesting.

oh, what about the guy from the department of justice who tried to have me arrested for riding my bike? or the dozen undercover cops on unmarked motorscooters who, without dispersal orders, warning or revealing their badges forcefully and aggressively attacked a group of cyclists with their scooters by t-boning, tackling and colliding with the wheels of the bikes at around 25 mph?

how about the undercover cops who show up to meetings at indymedia and times-up!?

it's all state sponsored terror. it's all someone trying to use authority to instill fear in someone else.

random searches on the subways? random searches of vans and trucks on 7th avenue during the week? cops with assault rifles outside of hotels, museums or in train stations? you think that deters terrorists? no. terrorists are way more imaginative than the authorities. the only thing that command presence is intended to do is to act as a sort of public theater intended to instill fear in citizens.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|