View Single Post
Old 09.01.2010, 10:57 PM   #12160
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Elevator Movie...was really neat, actually. I love the bad editing and framing, made it feel like a real intimate experience with the characters, without that horrid shaky camera "blair witch" bullshit. Even though it was pretty out there and stumbled along, by the end I felt pretty alienated from the guy (i felt for him so much yet truly believed that he was nuts.) I think thats a good thing.

Night Train to Terror - HA! talking about bad editing! I had no fucking clue what was going on for the first 20 minutes. Then I was hooked. Loved it.

Dans Ma Peau - As movies with no conclusions would have me, for the first little while after it ended I felt sort of empty. But the more I thought about it, the more I started to appreciate how little was said (people will either hate or love this sort of direction.) It entered subject matter that is very little understood, partly maybe because the experience is as varied as there are people experiencing it, without trying to form an "AH HA! THIS IS IT, I HAVE DECIDED SO." The writer/actor was pretty damned amazing. Also, it didnt just have to do with self-mutilation, but can represent any self-destructive or addictive behavior, but just pushes it right over the edge. So awesome that a film was made analyzing the relationship a person can have with their own body this way. I think there are people out there who would like to try to draw connections between a woman and society, but really, the ultra-painfully long, drawn out and real-time moments where we watch this woman engage in her pleasure says that its all personal.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|