View Single Post
Old 02.21.2008, 01:23 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I have only heard about 10 albums of his but I really dig them. I seem to prefer his solo stuff, which I guess is odd because I read that he didn't enjoy playing solo as much as he did working with other people. However, I gotta say the best thing I've heard by him has to be "Topography of the Lungs". Also, I'd reccomend his collab with Ruins...

Anyone want to talk about any albums they particularly enjoy by him? Also, I'm not entirely well-versed on his technique... I haven't really researched him yet, so if anyone wants to discuss that, too, be my guest. He seems to be playing very fast and very close to the pickups at all times, playing single notes up and down the fretboard and usually not focusing on any "riff" for very long. Though I noticed a very unusual use of harmonics in a lot of his work as well.

Really interesting and listenable stuff... Let's talk about it!! (oh, and sorry if there's already a thread about him on here, I'm a bit busy loading about 30 pages at once at the moment and didn't feel like searching since I'm on dialup right now)...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|