View Single Post
Old 08.07.2006, 05:58 PM   #117
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was okay to come on the Sonic Youth board and give opinions about SY. If they play their complete new album at their shows, sure, it's their business. But their new album sucks, and this seems like at least as good a place to talk about it as South 3rd St.

And as for Steve quotes, I think this one's far more applicable to being disappointed in their shows/music right now:

"But you were still pulling for these guys, your heroes, to keep up the good work, while all these new bands were just doing incredible things".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protectmeyou
stop your whinging, and take it from Steve Shelley:

"whenever we have a fresh album, we really enjoy playing the new songs, so that's kind of what going on right now. it's what we did when I first joined the group, we'd just go out and play Evol or Sister or Daydream Nation depending on what year it was. it's only in the last 10 years or so that we started throwing oder songs in there, and I know it's difficult for some fans, but this is what we fee like doing right now"

so buddy, if you don't like it, donty go and see them.

and remember: THEY OWE YOU NOTHING