Thread: Death Metal/
View Single Post
Old 04.29.2007, 09:05 PM   #23
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
Forgive the off-topiciness of this post, but the two best ever sentences on wikipedia are on the death metal page:

Anyhow, does anybody else find heavy metal genre distinctions incredibly confusing? What makes a death metal a death metal and not a thrash metal?

That's hilarious. Seems like it's been written by a 14-year-old (or someone with the mindset of a 14-year-old) for who it's some competition about who's listening to the most extreme music.
I agree that it's confusing. I'm not an expert at all, but to me death metal is a bit of an extension on thrash metal from the early 80's. it just takes thrash more to the extreme, both in music and vocals. The vocals are more extreme (grunts) compared with most thrash metal, plus the lyrics are a lot more morbid... but it's not always easy to differentiate. 80's Sepultura is a bit hard to define as thrash or death as it seems to be somewhere in between. They took the thrash from Slayer and went on from that, until they started using punk/hardcore elements on Chaos AD etc.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|