View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 03:37 PM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
damn you had me laughing Patty

in the air tonight

i all this shit in the news about the white house easter egg hunt being attended by non-traditional gay & lesbian families & the coverage it's getting sickens me...
i went to desegregated schools thanks to the greatest president of my lifetime, Jimmy Carter.

i call it like i see it

culled from google (with parenthetical asides):

Rather than being extremist, Objectivism is a middle ground between doubt and certainty. (in other words, it's a pseudo-new-age philosophy; the Ayn Rand brand of secular humanism. Members understandably get mad when you call them a "cult" too...after all, they've wen throguh such extremes to banish relgion & God from their system...but that's what Objectivism is...it's a cult plain & simple.)

Objectivism is against altruism which is the sacrifice of the self and sacrifice of others. In epistemology, Objectivism upholds reason, not faith (i agree with some Objectivist points about free enterprise being the best economic system, but I highly disagree that religion can teach us nothing. In just about every case a major religion's prophet brought relavatory wisdom to the word; & in nearly every case as well, after the prophet dies the followers take a big shit all over everthing with their dogma)
In ethics, Objectivism upholds egoism which is neither sacrifice oneself or others. (this is preposterous. Upholds egoism? So basically it's satanism with some good 'ol fashion capitalist values thrown in to make it presentable...no wonder it grew to be so damn popular in the 1980s)
In politics, Objectivism upholds libertarianism government dedicated to natural rights) instead of anarchism extreme of individual action or statism (extreme of governmental action).
(I'm better than everyone else libretarianism bullshit...why not focus on campaign finance reform or a constitutional amendment to end repeat terms of office? I guess that would really accomplish change. The Objectivist is not out to make the world a better place, you see. The Objectivist cares only about themselves)

"When we insist that facts are facts, that right is right, as against the rampant subjectivism of the age, we can easily forget that facts and values must be grasped by people, each acting on his independent judgment. We run the risk of adopting the attitudes and policies of the intrinsicist. When we emphasize that the true and the good are contextual, when we oppose the imposition of dogma and duty, we can easily forget that opinions and preferences are not all on a par--that some are right and others aren’t. We run the risk of subjectivism. To be objective, we have to hold both sets of considerations in mind, both reality and personal context."
David Kelley, Truth and Toleration, p2-3.
(Yeah, that's the old "your opinion is no better than mine... after all it's only an opinion" bullshit. Einstein changed all that for good. Read a real book.)
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|