View Single Post
Old 06.11.2007, 11:39 AM   #825
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
Death In June - Live-2002-04-30 - Waregem (Belgium)

"Ou est Bin laden?, Ou est Bin laden? ..."
This is my favorite recording of Death In June live. Unlike my previous live post of Death In June, Douglas is not talkative, it's just straight music. And to top it all off, mid way through the show you get Boyd Rice. Now I know some of you think that Mr. Rice has ruined the last couple of DIJ releases and are displeased with his influence. I disagree. I don't want a repeat of the early releases "Rose Clouds.." and "But What Happens...?" Great releases, but they are in the past... Move on.

Here is a decent review of this particular concert.
"The waiting for Death In June seemed to last endless. But finally Douglas P. entered the stage. He was wearing his white scary mask and waving a black flag with the Death In June logo on it. Then the concert started with the old classic ‘Till the living flesh is burned’. In the background a ‘piggie’ sample was playing. The first few songs started with only drums and Douglas singing and playing additional percussion. After a while he grabbed his acoustic guitar, then things really started for me. Although Death In June had a rather minimal two-man occupation, I didn’t miss a whole band. For me the songs stayed upright and they were performed very convincing by these experienced musicians.
We were treated to all the Death In June classics, from Heaven Street (1981!) till songs from the last All Pigs Must Die album. A few highlights were ‘But what ends’, ‘Fall apart’, ‘Kameradschaft’, ‘Foretold’, ‘Rose clouds’, ‘She said destroy’, ‘Smashed to bits’, ‘Giddy giddy caroussel’, the list could go on and on.
Douglas made various references to actual subjects. ‘C’est un reve’ was started with “Ou est Bin laden?”, instead of Klaus Barbie in the original. There were more references to the Taliban later on. I also noticed that on ‘The enemy within’ he sang “These are strange days for you, me and Europa”, instead of Germany. Also noticable was the outfit of Douglas P.: the mask of the beginning was soon swapped for very original headgear, which reminded me of a swab… Only at the end Douglas showed his true face.
Death In June played for a long time, and came back for various encores, four if my memory serves me well. Towards the end Boyd Rice joined Death in June on stage. First he added some spoken words, like the introduction to ‘Tick Tock’, the text about “People who like to waste time…”, the subtle reference to World Serpent. Then some tracks from the recent ‘Boyd Rice and friends’ album followed, and the older song ‘People’, another highlight. The very last song of the evening was Death of the West’ (when Douglas returned to the stage again to do this song he said ‘I’m sorry, I forgot this one”). When he thanked the public he also said something which could be interpreted as this being the last European tour for Death In June…"
Sounds like a great show to see... you'll enjoy just listening to it. Here's the song list;

Till The Living Flesh Is Burned
Death Of A Man
C'est Un Rêve
Ku Ku Ku
She Said Destroy
Smashed To Bits (In The Peace Of The Night)
All Pigs Must Die
Luther's Army
Tick Tock
Rose Clouds Of Holocaust
We Said Destroy II
Giddy Giddy Carousel
Disappear In Every Way
Little Black Angel
Fields Of Rape
Kameradschaft
Runes & Men
Leopard Flowers
Fall Apart
But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter?
The Enemy Within
Heaven Street
People
Wolf Pact
Death Of The West

Live in Waregem (part 1)
Live in Waregem (part 2)

http://theebradmiller.blogspot.com/2...0-waregem.html
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|