View Single Post
Old 12.18.2012, 02:51 PM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Jesus I wonder how many Americans STILL think that they should be allowed to own assault rifles etc.

I'll say this, as a usually jaded politics geek, Obama's speech regarding it was as heartfelt as can be.

I agree, it was a good sermon enough to force me to be quiet and listen. You know, we can politicize this all we want, talking about gun control and talking about the state of violence in our society as a result of economic and political discrepancies however in truth there is only one moral to take from this tragedy..

We never know how much pain people around us are carrying with them at any given moment. The way we treat our neighbors and the people around us can literally change the world. These people who go crazy and shoot all kinds of people at schools and malls and movie theaters have lost their mind. However, we don't know that one person could have prevented theses simply by being there to help unburden the pain from these people. So when you interact with people at your jobs, at the your schools, in your neighborhoods, at the corner store and the burger stand or the bus stop or anywhere else we interact with other people, always be positive, always be willing to listen, always be willing even to hug a stranger, because such positivity might just save a life, might just save a person from turning to such hopeless violence. Even if that person was just suicidal, you may have even just saved that single life by a single action.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|