View Single Post
Old 04.22.2015, 11:39 AM   #27
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
The tour stopped in Atlanta last night. They were stupid-good as I expected. They were tight on very on point. I had mild concern about how Corin Tucker’s voice might show it’s age. It didn’t. She wailed like a banshee and was in control the entire time. Carrie Brownstein is a full-on rock star in the vein of Pete Townsend or something. Her onstage showboating (leg kicks, attitude, and snarl) was a thing of beauty. Her guitar playing was equally as good...she has become quite the player. Just watching her would’ve been worth the price of admission. During ‘Entertain’ (which was an absolute highlight) she knocked over her mic stand in a fury by accident, but then made a point of continuing to beat it up. It was a totally in-the-moment slice of punk-rock cake. Janet Weiss is a BEAST on drums. She plays SO HEAVY and propels every song. Her backing vocals and harmonies are critical too (never appreciated that before). The Atlanta crowd was amped and, early on, SK made a point of saying we might be the best crowd so far on tour. They meant it. The show before ours in New Orleans was the tour debut of ‘The Fox’. Well, we got it mid-set. During the noise-swirl frenzy Corin Tucker channeled (vocally) something from another dimension. She sounded possessed and I loved it. That 30 seconds may have been the best 30 seconds of the show. Simply amazing. ‘Jumpers’ (probably my favorite SK song) delivered every penny’s worth right before the encore. ‘Oh!’, ‘Words and Guitar’, and ‘One More Hour’ were the other major highlights. Great, great show.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|