View Single Post
Old 07.06.2007, 10:56 AM   #4
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
more info off their myspace:

This record is very much a return to our ‘80s approach,” Curt Kirkwood says of the new Meat Puppets album Rise to Your Knees. “It cost next to nothing to make, and everything on it is a first take. My attitude now is that I refuse to spend a lot of money on this, I refuse to overthink it, and I refuse to let other people impose their own agendas on my band.”

Rise to Your Knees is the first album of new material to bear the Meat Puppets name since 2000, and the first in a dozen years to reunite guitarist/singer/main songwriter Curt with his brother, bassist/co-founder Cris Kirkwood, who recently rejoined the band after a lengthy struggle with substance abuse.

The 15-song album—the resurgent Meat Puppets’ first for the independent Anodyne label—boasts the same visionary fusion of complementary contrasts that originally endeared the band to a large and loyal audience in the 1980s, when they emerged from their hometown of Phoenix, Arizona to redefine the parameters of American indie rock.

Rise to Your Knees—recorded in the band’s adopted home base of Austin, Texas—finds the Kirkwoods and new drummer Ted Marcus tapping into the same adventurous spirit that first put Meat Puppets on the map, recapturing the transcendent highs of their most celebrated work. The resulting music adds an inspired new chapter to the already massive legacy of a band whose body of music is an indispensable cornerstone of contemporary alternative rock.

Tour Dates:
Jul 21 20078:00Pthe windjammer festivalisle of palms, South CarolinaAug 24 200710:00PRubber GlovesDenton, TexasAug 25 20078:00PBricktown BallroomOklahoma City, OklahomaAug 26 20079:00PThe Record BarKansas City, MissouriAug 27 20078:00PHeadliners Music HallLouisville, KentuckyAug 28 20078:00PMr. Small's TheaterMillvale, PennsylvaniaAug 29 20078:00PKnitting FactoryNew York, New YorkAug 30 20078:00PKnitting FactoryNew YorkSep 1 200711:00ASnow Ridge Ski Area, moe. down music festivalTurin, New YorkSep 2 20078:30PHigher Ground ShowcaseSouth Burlington, VermontSep 5 20078:30PPearl Street: downstairsNorthampton, MassachusettsSep 6 20079:00PMiddle East Club DownstairsCambridge, MassachusettsSep 7 200710:30PWorld Cafe Live DownstairsPhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaSep 8 20078:00PTBATBASep 9 20079:00PBlack CatWASHINGTON, Washington DCSep 10 20078:45PCat's CradleCarrboro, North CarolinaSep 12 20078:00PThe EarlAtlanta, GeorgiaSep 13 20079:00PThe Orange PeelAshville, North CarolinaSep 14 20079:00PZydecoBirmingham, AlabamaSep 15 20078:00POne Eyes JacksNew Orleans, Louisiana
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|