View Single Post
Old 11.02.2006, 12:13 AM   #60
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Hmm. Interesting. Considering this as a compilation of b-sides/compilation tracks from the Geffen years, it's definitely a strange selection. But not as bad as some seem to think (honestly just makes me wish they *would* put out a box set, instead of limiting themselves to 12 songs). Where's "My Arena"? "Bee-Bee's Song"? "Compilation Blues"! Anything from the glorious "Things Behind the Sun" soundtrack! The fucking title track! Why is "Body" on there again (a point already made, which I'm happy to echo) ?! "Eyes & Teeth" is infinitely harder to locate than, say, "Fauxhemians", but "Eyes & Teeth" fucking sucks.

It's easy to point out what they left off, but what they included is all pretty good. I'm happy just to have "Kim's Chords" and "Plateau" on disc w/out having to travel 8 time zones away. The mix tape stuff is neat, though there's a lot of other awesome shit on those mix tapes, too -- which makes you imagine what else they have that HASN'T made it to mix tape and/or official release yet, and this release certainly seemed like a good time for something.

But enough of that! It's cool that they're getting to do a 'rarities' comp (hopefully a Peel Session comp can still be arranged someday), and shit -- it's almost all instrumental! "Body?" "Razor Blade" "Blink" "Diamond Sea" are the only vocal cuts, right? This will be cool shit to have on vinyl, too -- so, you know, not bad. I'm eager to see the art, as well. Would have rather had "Moist Vagina" than "Body?", and "Campfire" certainly seems weird, but even as someone who owns all these tracks, the compilation excites me.

(Seriously though, no "My Arena"? Did Steve chime in on that one?)

Eyes and Teeth sucks? Shame on you Chris Lawrence. Shame on you. I know you're practically the infallible pope of Sonic Youth fans... but c'mon... Eyes and Teeth is good good fun.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|