View Single Post
Old 07.10.2014, 05:08 AM   #5299
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
You are right, team sheets will be unpredictable.

In past editions, France (as it's the only team I get to watch regularly) played the game for third place twice in a row.
In 1982 Platini & co were so disgusted after their loss in the semi that only 4 of the regulars started (3 defenders and midfield hero Tigana) and lost to Poland; Poland had kept its incisive forwards and midfield threat.
In 1986 it was slightly the same, except that more guys decided they wanted to play that last game, and won it against Belgium.

The questions are: how many want to step up, how many starters are determined to stay away, and what do the coaches want (one is devastated, the other probably not so)?

As for fantasy football, it might be the best game for scoring with an underdog.
Alas, I don't think I'll be able to have access to the internet between tomorrow and the day that will follow the German victory, so I won't get to dump a 6-pointers for a deceptive 4-pointer or change my captain.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|