Thread: Prince
View Single Post
Old 05.14.2006, 09:11 PM   #25
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I've extolled the virtues of these particular Prince & the Revolution albums before (in more detail) when the topic arose at the old board.

Like everyone else at the time, I wasn't that crazy about Around the World in a Day when it came out after Purple Rain when I was a teen. Nowadays though, I reach for that one 9 times out of 10. To me, it's his best record. "Tambourine" from that album is Prince by himself, but it ah...suits the subject matter.
I still love that outro from "Take Me With U" though from Purple Rain. I defy any music lover to listen to the end of that song & not be totally blown away. Well, maybe it's just me, but it does it for me every time.

Greg Dulli from Afghan Wigs recently ranked Puple Rain as his all-time favorite. I think he picked Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain as number two. Hopefully that serves to show (at least a little bit) that it's defintely a great album, even after all these years.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|