View Single Post
Old 04.25.2007, 03:22 PM   #113
sarramkrop

Kan Mikami "Sendo Kouta: Mikami Kan Enka no Sekai"
(Japanese "Enka" 1973)

A folk singer who plays extreme music like later punk rock. The antithesis to the sophisticated and soft folk music. 'Hiraku Yume nado Arujyanashi' (I Have Never Had a Dream that Opens), 1972 Includes the cover of female singer Keiko Fuji's hit song "Keiko no Yume wa Yoru Hiraku (Keiko's Dream Opens in the Night)" in the "Enka (grudge song)" style." ; Recordheaven : "Kan Mikami – an underground radical protest folk singer/shouter and actor who was involved in the Tenjo Sajiki and Tokyo Kid Brothers troupes, and by extension, with J.A. Caesar. His first album, "Mikami Kan No Sekai" ("The World of Kan Mikami") [1971] apparently contained a kind of folk rock with intense presence and dark, harrowing, "real" lyrical subject matter. I'm not sure if there were any albums between this and the next one I'm aware of, "BANG!" [1974]. It features Yosuke Yamashita's group and other jazz musicians as his backing, and is reputedly a weirder, more progressive affair, mainly for the title track. This has been described as "a bewildering psychedelic collage of free jazz blasts, musique concrete, tapes and Mikami's unique voice, silky and caressing one moment, soaring and screaming in agony the next". Mikami apparently didn’t do much again until the late 80's, collaborating with Keiji Haino of Fushitsusha for the group Vajra.
Download
http://time-has-told-me.blogspot.com...-kan-enka.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|