View Single Post
Old 01.18.2013, 12:01 AM   #16978
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever seen a 'bad' Bogart movie, but I suppose the classic ones are still Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and In a Lonely Place. Of all of them, I imagine you'd like In a Lonely Place the best. It's probably his darkest, most minimal film and the one where he's given the most freedom in terms of acting. It's directed by Nicholas Ray, too, which inevitably puts it at an advantage. As a general rule of thumb, though, if Bogart's name is on the poster it'll probably be at least decent.

Anyway, while not really a movie, started watching

Boardwalk Empire (Series One)

I've only managed the first couple of episodes but considering it's directed by Scorsese, it's massively disappointing. It's wrong to compare TV series to movies but considering how good a lot of HBO's other stuff has been, this is way below par. I'm starting to think Scorsese has now completely lost the plot.

BOGART: you gotta check out treasure of the sierra madre!

BOARDWALK EMPIRE: why you not like? its pretty fucking great! ive watched 2 seasons and i really liked it-- not as much as teh wire but i liked it lots. plus great BJM opening credits
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|