View Single Post
Old 08.30.2010, 06:56 AM   #55
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Some guy is OBSESSED with the new album and he started a last.fm group... http://www.last.fm/group/Scissor+Shock ... 3 reviews for the album:

how do you introduce an act that changes so much on every single album? i didn't understand scissor shock for a long time, as they really require the new listener puts in some serious research. their past records have varied from insanely sped-up bursts of pure one million BPM insanity all the way to a beefheart-tinged deconstruction of music that you could attempt to categorise, and fail miserably - this is not punk, noise, jazz, or musique concrete, and it's definitely not 'midigrind' either - the name given to the so-called scene that this act emerged from, but have always had very little to do with stylistically. what this is, at least to me, is the sound of music destroying itself. there are real songs here, but they are heavily filtered through all out ugliness and constantly disorientated by apparently random bursts of chance dissonance. for fans of early mothers of invention and secret chiefs 3, this on occasion sounds like those equally bizarre projects, but easily ten thousand times more intense than anything they've ever done... this makes its logical predecessors look like easy listening. all i can really categorise this as is... pure dada. --Weary Indie Hannah, I'M ONE OF AN ODD FAMILY ZINE

---------------

Really weird review at http://wtfmusicorg.blogspot.com/2010...entialism.html that is very scientific...

------------
hilarious new rym review:
This is the album that brings Scissor Shock up with the masters. I have just as much respect for Scissor Shock as I do for bands like Captain Beefheart/The Magic Band, Naked City, the Sun City Girls, Henry Cow, Mr. Bungle, whoever. Those might be some big names, and you might say an independent artist such as Adam Cooley couldn't possibly make an album that stands up there with big names like the ones I just dropped.... but here it is.

This album throws so many insane sounds at you constantly, all the while retaining an insane amount of complexity. Think Mr. Bungle's genre-jumping filtered through ultra-technical Hella-esque time signature changes and then sped up x 9000. There's so much different stuff in here, it's insane.

This album is better than your favorite album.

Anyone who overlooks this just because it is a very independent or online release, then you're missing out on some of the best music ever. This album is definitely not getting the recognition it deserves. All of you people just FUCKING SUCK. Scissor Shock is one of the best things currently happening in music.

I'll definitely get the CD-r when it comes out! The album artwork is fucking classic.

The response has been so overwhelmingly great. I am so flattered. I wasn't expecting people to like it this much. It comes out this week or next through for noise's sake officially. THanks again, everyone!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|