View Single Post
Old 12.08.2008, 11:28 AM   #94
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I love all the Double Leapords/Marcia Basset/Sunroof!/Matthew Bower/Hotogotisu/Zaimph stuff because its without dount some great stuff anyways but also because it just kind of rocks, like makes my adrenaline get going and wanna freak out a bit. This is the problem I find with a lot of Drone, I feel I listen to it so absentmindedly, which is something I enjoy about all the Ambient music I dig, but with Drone I wanna feel it a bit more. Like Charalambides is a good example, they use Drones but only as a way of intensifying the other styles they dabble in. Another band I love. I will always love La Monte Young's drones, especially the mega-power drones used in the Theater of Eternal Music records. The Theater of Eternal Music still sounds more extreme than any drone I've heard today, including Sunn O))). That's another band I've TOTALLY lost interest in, how many more drone metal albums do we need when the best one will always be Earth 2?

I generall am a big Kranky records fan, particularly of Stars of the Lid, who I feel are the most underrappreciated musicians of our time.

I like Tangerine Dream, and other Krauatrock bands who ocasionally will pull a drone or two.

I like Phil Niblock, sometimes.

You could prolly argue that "Heroin" makes the Velvets responsible for introducing the drone to Rock music, and their one of my 5 or 6 main musical obsessions, so them.

I like lots of Dark Ambient like Shinjuku Thief, (some, dude has made lots of shit records) Lustmord, and Blue Sabbath Black Cheer.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|