View Single Post
Old 04.26.2013, 08:06 AM   #8
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think I've seen one comment on the board about this lp - I guess they were all sold to nonboardies. and ebayers, based on the numbers on sale there. downtown music gallery has some, this is their writeup

THURSTON MOORE & LOREN MAZZACANE CONNORS - The Only Way To Go Is Straight Through [RSD 2013 Ltd Ed of 3000] (Northern Spy 036; USA) compiled from two live recordings. Side A was captured at The Stone in Manhattan, where Moore and Connors performed on July 14, 2012 for the second annual Spy Music Festival (pictured above). The pair met up again on October 17, 2012 to headline Northern Spy's CMJ showcase at Public Assembly in Brooklyn, and that mesmerizing set became Side B of this record. "Wow! This duo has only played a few times live, but you wouldn't know it from listening to this LP. Each side of this album contains an entire live set, one from The Stone on July 14, 2012 and one from Public Assembly in Brooklyn, October 17th, 2012. I attended the set at The Stone and remember that it was very hot inside and someone chose to turn off the AC, making matters even worse. Both Thurston and Loren are longtime members - thirty years plus - of the Downtown scene. Thurston is a founding member of Sonic Youth as well as an active improviser wwith worldwide collaborators. Loren Mazzacane Connors is often heard solo, and in duos with his wife Suzanne Langille, Alan Licht, Jim O'Rourke, Haino Keiji and in the Haunted House quartet. Although their styles of playing are quite different, they have landed on strong common ground here. For the set at The Stone, Mr. Connors plays those eerie, bluesy, restrained feedback drenched, ghostlike sounds while Mr. Moore adds his own bent note, floating spirits, sonic specters to the blend. This duo has a dark, hypnotic and hazy sound, evoking the dead spirits found in an actual haunted house. Both guitarists work quite well together, taking their times and adding layers somber feedback and/or tapping out fragile notes on the fretboard. Listening to this set almost a year later, it sounds so much better than I remember since it was hard to concentrate when it is stifling at The Stone. Both sets here are amazing, consistently spirited and focused throughout. It does sound as if Loren Connors and Thurston Moore have been playing together for many years. This album is a limited edition Record Store Day item which will not be released on CD as far as we know. Essential for crazy guitar fans like you and me." - Bruce Lee Gallanter, Downtown Music Gallery LP $20
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|