View Single Post
Old 04.28.2014, 09:59 AM   #17986
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lars von trier's "antichrist"

i realized the other day that i had lost touch with his work after "dogville" and decided to catch up so i've been picking up stuff here and there (the other day i saw his "medea").

i generally dislike horror movies but i thought this one was great. charlotte gainsbourg was particularly brilliant. dafoe, sure, he's always good, but she, whom i had only seen in a goofy gondry movie, was tremendous here.

i really really loved the camera work in this film. that's one thing LVT does always very well-- his images are excellent, and you can see that even in worn-out vhs transfers of his medea. here there's all kinds of great stuff. teh color palette is cold and fantastic. the slow motion shots in black and white and gorgeous. there are some handheld shots in which parts of the image distort as the camera moves-- was that a lens, a computer effect, some kinf of accident? either way i thought it was awesome and went great with the action. the slow motion sequences, the music-- everything, really, was great. some moods/moments/shots reminded me a bit of his ghost-infested swamp from "kingdom hospital" (his version, not the american remake).

this stuff is really good. thoroughly satisfying. not sure how to make "sense" of the story but i dreamed like crazy about it and overslept something like 2 hours thanks to it. so hell yes i recommend it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|