View Single Post
Old 04.22.2006, 12:55 AM   #35
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRACTUREDSUNSHINE
Hey tool can play. The reverend in a "too too" gots style. Jammy heavy stuff is good right? cuz it is!!! I listen to tool, don't get me wrong. Still they are pulling the crowd into a fucked mind set. The vibe is designed to degrade the soul. I'll still rock soilent green tho. But i can only take so much. It's like watchn' gore too much. Worth checking out but repeated use?? hummm

listing to heather angel

I don't understand how the vibe is designed to degrade the soul. The vibe is very humanistic and loving. The anger in the music is aimed at those who don't open their eyes and see what's going on in the world around them. For example, is this degrading the soul: "I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human."

Maybe you aren't seeing or hearing the emotional depth in the lyrics, it is definately there the way Maynard sings these lines. One lryic maybe to think about is
"Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines. "

Tool are an exceedingly hopeful and optimistic band and wish love upon all, I really cannot see at all how their music can be interpreted as a degradation of the soul. Sorry but I would like to know how you came about this position of thought.

The vinyl is not due until next year.

I love their videos, I think Adam Jones is a genius. All the sfx makeup he learnt under Stan Winston at industrial light and magic really shows, and he also has quite an impressive bio of feature film make up under his belt. Edward Scissorhands for one. Most of the film clips show how people have become extremely isolated and alienated from each other and I think this is the band trying to find an answer for themselves in this way.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|