View Single Post
Old 10.09.2017, 03:32 PM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
so the discography in the Sensational Fix book, I've always considered it pretty "official" by the band. With that in mind, there's a few interesting things I've noticed that I thought were worth discussion.

I'm referring to the chronoligical timeline of all the albums, singles and EP's that is on pages 284-286.

Assuming that yes, this is the band's own listing of their official discography then I thought this stuff was worth pointing out:

1. Walls Have Ears is considered part of their official discography by the band. Even if they didn't want it released and it was deleted quickly, they've still thought it worth listing here.

2. The White(y) Album, though attributed to Ciccone Youth is still listed as an SY album.

3. SYR5 is listed here rather than as a side-project. Even if Kim is the only SY-er to appear, it's interesting that they'd still include it here. I've always felt it works as a pretty cool counterpoint to NYCG&F personally.

4. Melbourne Direct is also listed as a SY release, though the vinyl doesn't say SY. I find that interesting as something like "Without Kim" isn't listed.

5. the Prime Cuts promo is listed which seems kind of odd, as other similar promos (Past & Present) are not.

6. Hidros 3 is not listed. Obviously this is more a Mats Gustavsson album, but their name is still on the cover (sticker).

7. Likewise, the Plato's Cave album by Mike Kelley isn't listed even though their credited on the cover art.

Anyway, just some noteworthy items I picked up on...