Thread: Nine Inch Nails
View Single Post
Old 07.22.2016, 11:21 AM   #20
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
can i just say fuck the fucking strokes and the white stripes. they and every band like them were utter fucking garbage.

I still think White Stripes were a great band. Honestly. I don't care how uncool that makes me seem. It took me forever to actually appreciate them, and I was a hold out until well after Elephant came out. But I saw them live for the second time somewhere around '04 and they blew the roof off the place.

Then I revisited their records and I was surprised by how many of the bands I loved are reflected in their music. Stooges? Nirvana? Pixies? Rolling Stones? Beatles? Modern Lovers? The Fall? All of the above. They made great jangly, occasionally even ass-kicking, rock music.

Strokes had a promising ear for melody, but they fizzled early and they've been an embarrassment to music ever since. The White Stripes were one of the great bands of their time. Just my opinion. Not a favorite band or anything, but definitely a solid one.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|