View Single Post
Old 07.17.2006, 01:16 AM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
or Steve Shelley finally plays the gong.

The show last night was something to see. And it was just that albeit a mini show. Much better than the Filter Mag party as the band was tighter and the temperature was Southern California outdoor night perfect.

The flaws were few. Waiting in Line against a metal fence for a hour with no drink vendor and the worst rapper in LA wearing a airbrushed t working the line that in hindsight wasn't that grueling.

And even the absurdity was funny. The Matt Pinnfield look-a-like hyping up the crowd who quite possibly had the best line from a SY stage ever. "You guys just got SONIC CRAZEEEEEEE!!!!" Thurston dancing during Lee's solo at the end of Catholic Block "another song about going to church" -after D.Y.B.I Rapture?

The sound was really pro and its the first time I noticed all the slide work from Kim and Lee. And for the first time ever I saw Steve play the gong that's been in the kit for years. (at the beginning of Pink Steam)

(ADDITION) The pre song radio play by Thurston was really right on. It was turned to this classical station which was playing this really building orchestral piece that lead into one of the songs. possibly WHat A WASTE

I'm a firm believer of cosmic activity and during Jams Run Free me and Sarah Silverman locked eyes and something magical happened. I'm not about to breakup her and Kimmel but you know how it is in the summer, things happen. It was just a moment amongst an evening of many (seeing my car w/o a ticket after the show/ driving along Mullholland Drive with the biggest moon of the year just sitting there/ and going to see the movie Brick.

Thanks guys.
Ssss

I wonder if Jimmy heard the three hundred "You Fucking Suck Jimmy, you suck" s that I was chanting to Him through out the gig.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|