View Single Post
Old 05.26.2012, 08:48 AM   #15727
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
yeah, I agree with that. It's my problem with just about every single Argento film that I've seen. Stylistically, most of them are intriguing to watch but I hardly ever care about what's going on in them... can't find much about the characters that seems interesting. I like the use of color in Inferno, great sets... but the pacing just makes it dull. I would say however he has at least 3 movies I can watch over and over again.

But all in all, majority of his work consists of potential masterpieces that just don't live up to it, in my honest opinion.

yeah i agree with that. i really like tenebre and profondo rosso as well as the bird with the chrystal plumage, suspiria is a beautiful film, but does drag on a bit. the bird also has a pretty good plot from what i remember. as i mentioned in a post aa few years ago, my problem with tenebre was the sound, the dialogue was super quiet and the music and effects really loud. and the edition of deep red that i saw was like half italian and half english and thus super annoying. but i still really like him as a director. i want to see opera.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|