View Single Post
Old 05.21.2012, 05:23 PM   #1386
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
heynckes made a really fucked up move taking out little mueller. it would have been better to try to score a 2nd goal than to release the pressure on chelsea. complete fucking catastrophe. fucking heynckes, i hope he goes.

Mueller is saying he picked up an injury, which still doesn't excuse Heynckes' decision to replace him with a central defender at only 1-0 up. There was a really interesting interview with one of the Bayern backroom staff on the radio today, basically saying the fear in the team of possibly losing made them increasingly paranoid as the game went on and in some cases almost from the beginning. He doesn't mention names but I imagine he means Gomez. There was an interview with (I think) Lampard where he says he sensed a growing sense of fear and nervousness in the Bayern team pretty much from when Muller scored. Basically that they panicked once they took the lead.

That game will never be remembered as a great display of football, but as a battle of wills and mental strength it has to be up there as one of the most fascinating, at least. It's a game that the more I think about it, the more amazing it becomes.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|