View Single Post
Old 04.16.2006, 09:08 PM   #115
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
not unpopular with this board
but unpopular with the general tastes of the public is that The Sopranos (which have been using some terrific music this season) missed a perfect opportunity to close tonight's program with Sonic Youth's "New Hampshire".
Instead they used "The Fourth of July" by pseudo-L.A.-punkers X. khchris actually professed once that he likes this horrible band. I'd also like to remark that his contention with Steve Jones is a stupid one.

That's okay though, I got Duran Duran, Arcadia & Sade on my '80s list in that other thread haha. Which makes me remember that I forgot The Power Station on my list. That was a pretty damn good pop rock record. hey Hip Priest, Sting sings backup on a track on the Arcadia record. Also in 1985 ,he famously did back up vocals on the classic Dire Strait's Brothers in Arms track, Money for Nothing. Sting says his "I want my MTV" line was a parody of Don't Stand So Close to Me.

oh yeah, a little bit of some news for all you (well, most) music-hatin' fucktards:
I read that the May 9th Gilmore Girls season finale with Sonic Youth (news at main page) is actually an episode where Grant-Lee Phillips (something has always irked me about that guy) is leaving to go tour with Neil Young so the town (i guess, i've never seen the show) holds a Troubapalooza Festival & performers that will be featured (for seconds, i imagine at a time although SY were listed first in the blurb) are gonna be Sonic Youth, Yo La Tengo (recently they played a show with John Zorn & Sun Ra), Joe Pernice (now with the Pernice Brothers, formerly of Northampton's own The Scud Mountain Boys), Sparks (no shit...Thurston got to work with one of his absolute faves), & Mary Lynn Rajskub (who playes Chloe on 24).

...to quote John Lennon: "strange days indeed"
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|