View Single Post
Old 03.15.2007, 01:08 AM   #18
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh the tetheads who have not appreciated this, it's a good interview, you all should liSSen

and may i add i found this on the washington post this morning, re: the r&r hall o'crack:

[...]

The night's biggest ovation may have been for the woman who swore she'd never make it in: Patti Smith. The bohemian poet straddled the hippie and punk eras, with her album "Horses" setting a standard for literate rock. At the induction ceremony, she performed her biggest hit, "Because the Night," co-written with Bruce Springsteen, and the Rolling Stones' classic, "Gimme Shelter."

Passed over in previous years, an emotional Smith remembered friends and family who didn't live to see the day _ and jokingly recalled an argument with her husband, MC5's Fred "Sonic" Smith, shortly before he died.

He told her she would get into the hall and that she would feel guilty because he would not make it _ even though he was more deserving. He asked her when she did make the hall to "please accept it like a lady and not to say any curse words." (She obliged).

She also remembered her mother asking her on her deathbed if she had made it into the hall yet. When Smith told her she hadn't, her mother said: "When you do, sing your mother's favorite song, the one I like to vacuum to."

So Smith did, dedicating to her mother one of her most fiery songs, 1977's "Rock 'n' Roll N-----."
If the absence of her late loved ones made Smith's induction bittersweet, the absence of most of Van Halen's founding members was downright sour.

[...]

full article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031300139.html
ahem, 1978's rock n roll nigger.