View Single Post
Old 02.05.2008, 06:35 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I find it funny that people actually believe that whoever they vote for is going to make a huge difference in the long-run.

Yeah, there probably will be some differences between whomever gets elected, but .. a president is a figurehead.. I'm sure you realize that, right?.. he's a mouthpiece, he's a mascot, he does have POWER, but the combined power of Congress and others far outweigh his power. The president's speeches are written for him -- his decisions made for him. He may have the final, um, "say", but every president is going to act in his and the "country's" (read: his) best interest. Nothing will change that. Every president will be corrupt.

People criticize Bush. Sure, he sucks, but what president hasn't sucked? Bill Clinton? Yeah, our economy was in great shape then -- but it's not Bush that ruined our economy after that great time. We STILL feel the effects of 9/11 whether we want to recognize it or not.

I don't want to make this a great debate, and I will vote later in the year, I'm just not sure who to vote for yet. I feel it's my right and my duty to vote, and as easy as it is for me to say "fuck it", I registered for SOME reason. Even if I technically don't think it's going to matter much in the end, I can't really complain about the way things are if I don't at least put forth some effort to sway things in the, as you said, lesser of two evils.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|