View Single Post
Old 05.14.2013, 05:27 PM   #3037
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a City supporter but they've always been my 'second' team (along with Everton - must be something about liking the more unfashionable big city clubs, which I suppose stems from supporting West Ham). Anyway, I was as happy as any non City fan could be about their new-found success so my anti-Mancini thing certainly isn't an anti Man City one. I'd love to see them topple Chelsea and MU so my frustration with Mancini is that he had all the resources to do it but not the necessary people skills.

I also noticed that he became increasingly 'eccentric' on a tactical level. Replacing Tevez for Rodwell in the final was just the latest example but his season-long tinkering with the defence was a big problem; really undermining what was one of their key strengths the season before.

I've heard good things about Pellegrini but it's always a lottery. There's certainly nothing to say they won't go backwards with him but I do think Mancini had taken them as far as he was capable of - which in fairness to him, given that he delivered them an FA Cup and a Prem title is pretty far. But I think it's his poor record in the CL that really did for him in the end.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|