View Single Post
Old 09.18.2010, 04:47 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
This is very important album to me, because my Sonic trip started here. Excitement about Sonic Youth was very natural progression in my music listening. Before Sonic I had "punk/metal" period and I listened such bands as Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, the Clash, Damned, Anti-Nowhere League, the Jam, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Sielun Veljet and Stone (two last are Finnish bands). After that came "new-wave"-period with Joy Division, Siuoxsie and the banshees, the Cure, Bauhaus, then I also found Tom Waits and Captain Beefheart. With Sonic Youth I also found Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, the Birthday Party, Gun Club and Dr. John.

I had seen Sonic Youth in Snub television program (there were Teenage Riot and Providence videos and short interview) but I wasnīt then so excited about them, I was much more interested about such bands like Ultra vivid scene and A.C. Marias (does anyone know them). Maybe a year after that I read a review about GOO from Finnish music magazine. There was said, that Sonic Youth was flirting with sixties style in GOO. My interest began. There was christmas coming and I thought maybe I buy GOO for christmas present to my elder brother. I did it, but soon it turned out, that I was much more excited about the album!! When I moved away from home, I recorded the album first at cassette, I bought it to myself maybe 1995.

I was just growing up and it was difficult. I had had a driving licence and I accidentally managed to crash traffic sign (there was no-one round for my luck). GOO was just right music for my feelings then. I felt about the song Disappearer, that it was made just for me!!! The other favourites for that album are: Dirty Boots, Tunic, Mote, Goo, Cinderellaīs Big Score and Titanium Expose.

Does someone knows, how they ended in Geffen? There was mention in the discography pages, but I canīt find real information about that there.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|