View Single Post
Old 07.24.2010, 11:19 PM   #44
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel
After hearing American Gothic, I was sorta looking forward to this release. These first five tracks though... wow, I don't even want to listen to them a second time. And only five songs in seven months? How long is this 44-track project going to last?

I admit I didn't like "Freak" quite as much the second time around...I think the problem is Billy Corgan keeps throwing in all these "la la la" types of vocal parts when he should just...well, shut up and play his guitar. But it's still better than the first four.

Another thing is it's basically just him and a backing band now. He once claimed that James Iha eventually drove him crazy, but I think the truth is that James actually kept Billy from veering off into ridiculousness too much, and that grated on his nerves because he felt like couldn't express himself fully.

As for American Gothic, I haven't heard it fully, but maybe if those songs were on Zeitgeist and United States (ties XYU for worst heavy SP song), Starz, and Pomp and Circumstance weren't, it might've been a better album.